So I decided that I needed some serious "me" time. So I took 2 days off of work and then I would have the weekend...well it doesn't always work out.
I was up earlier than I am normally for work. I dropped the girls off at the bus stops, went to the grocery store, the doctors office to pick up a prescription, the pharmacy (twice), the library, I cleaned, did laundry and suggested eating out. This was so not what amazing things I had planned for me. Why did I stray you ask? Hurricane Ike...nothing like a man to ruin your plans. I tell ya!
So I don't normally pay attention to the date...just the days - so yesterday I go about my business and I am hearing nothing about 9/11 because of all the hurricane talk going on until I get in the truck and am listening to Fox News on XM (dirty little secret-don't tell anyone!) and I hear that it is September 11th. So I decide that it is time for me to scrap a page so that my grandchild one day can see what I remembered. Here are 2 photos that I uploaded from Google images and had printed out with a black border that was supposed to be thin...
Journalling Reads: "Just a normal Tuesday for me-kids to school, laundry, cleaning and errands. I had no idea what was happening in the world until I made a phone call & then this day became one I would never forget. I pulled the kids out of school early so I wouldn't be alone and I stayed glued to the t.v. until 2am. Here it is 7 years later and I am off of work. I ran errands, did laundry and cleaned...the only difference - Its Thursday and the towers are no longer standing.
Items Used: Raven and White Bazzill, Karen Foster Patchwork PP, Ribbon, Brads, Queen & Co. acrylic shapes, bling, ink.
SPL
17 years ago





1 comments:
Fabulous LO! What a great tribute to add to your books. Love the journaling!
~Suzy
Post a Comment